Warning Signs It’s Time to Replace Your Windows & Doors
Our homes speak to us – sometimes it sounds like a whisper and other times it howls. Some of that noise may be coming from old windows and doors.
If any of these common signs seem familiar to you, then replacing your windows and doors may be the next home improvement project on your list:
- Opening or closing them has become difficult.
- Drafts can be felt coming in around the window or door.
- There is an increase on your energy bill. Older windows lack proper insulation and older windows and doors may be ill fitting which may force your air conditioning or heating to work harder.
- Outside noise. If you are hearing outside noise when your windows are closed, chances are they aren’t providing enough acoustic insulation.
- Carpet, furniture and window treatments have started to fade. Single pane, and even older dual pane windows do the worst job at keeping out the UV rays that enter through your windows and can fade colours. Low E glass reduces most of the UVB light and helps minimize heating and cooling costs.
- They look bad. There is no question that how a window and door performs is a top priority but modern, energy models also come with the added bonus of being more attractive…which increases pride in ownership.
- You have noticed that your locks are loose or don’t work properly anymore. With many of the older windows the safety and security of your family and home are at risk due to poor craftmanship and substandard technology. Modern windows are designed to withstand forced entry tests and keep you and your family safe and secure.